Since I didn’t have to buy anything new for this baby, I decided I’d attempt to be crafty and tackle some projects. I made a new nursing cover, decor for the boys room- although Michael’s discontinued these wooden letters so I’m not sure how I’m going to finish it for the new baby, some burp cloths, baby hats, blanket and attempted my first- and last- quilt.
Most were pretty simple except the quilt- I’ve never done one before and have no desire to patchwork pieces together, and I hate the tie quilts because those fuzzy things always go up your nose. I thought it would be easy to hand stitch designs in the fabric. But after I started I realized the stitching looks terrible on the backside and couldn’t figure out how to make it look good. So I decided to machine stitch it. I don’t have a quilting machine and it took hours to try and go around each curve. I think I can safely say it was my first and last quilt. And I did go ahead and make another blanket with ties- I figured it’s not my nose they’ll be tickling.
For some reason I was feeling ambitious and decided to make Halloween costumes. Call it nesting, I call it a dose of reality- my last few weeks of semi-freedom. But I did manage to complete them all. The boys are going to be Thing 1 & Thing 2 and Anthony’s the Cat in the Hat. It was actually kind of fun, I have gotten out of the sewing mode and it was nice to work on a few projects.